At the Hard Rock Café, like many organizations, project management is a key planning tool. With Hard Rock’s constant growth in:
1. Hotels and cafes
2. Remodeling of existing cafes
3. Scheduling for Hard Rock Live concert and event venues
4. Planning the annual Rockfest
managers rely on project management techniques and software to maintain schedule and budget performance?
1. Identify the critical path and its activities for Rockfest. How long does the project take?
2. Which activities have a slack time of 8 weeks or more?
Identify five major challenges a project manager faces in events such as this one.
Why is a work breakdown structure useful in a project such as this? Take the 26 activities and break them into what you think should be level-2, level-3, and level-4 tasks?